Cost Accountant - RI
Click here to apply for this position
Location: Corporate Headquarters
Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science, company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 9 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
In all our businesses we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products and custom service. Positions offered are both challenging and rewarding and have excellent growth opportunities.
Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global, diversified material science company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 8 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
In all our businesses, we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products, and custom service. Positions offered are both challenging and rewarding and have excellent growth opportunities.
In this role you will have responsibilities in cost accounting area. These responsibilities include completing varied monthly closing processes to record transactions, review of account balances, and analysis of monthly activity. You will also be responsible for the preparation of year-end audit schedules as directed, as well as recommending and implementing improvements in the processes and internal controls under their responsibility. Rotation through other positions within the finance department will be expected in order to gain an understanding of the entire finance function, drive teamwork within the department and broaden one's career development.
On a monthly basis:
- Books entries to general ledger for completion of financial statements
- Reviews supporting documents of journal entries for accuracy and relevance such as allocation schedules
- Reviews balance sheet and income statement accounts for assigned areas
- Performs account reconciliations, including bank and inventory reconciliations
- Reviews transactions and checks for accuracy
- Prepares financial reports for managers
- Reviews monthly department expenses and variances for accuracy
- Researches and corrects accounting errors
On an annual basis:
- Prepare schedules for annual audit
- Participates in yearend physical inventories at plant locations
- Develops spreadsheets to streamline account review, cost schedules and posting entries
- Prepares various census and regulatory reports
- Participates in meetings regarding system changes and enhancements
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed
Our successful employees demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Information Gathering and Processing
- Planning and Organizing
- BS degree in accounting or finance
- Up to two years experience working in general accounting, cost accounting or with inventory related issues. Entry-level degreed candidates will be considered
- Strong PC skills to include Excel and database applications. Working knowledge of ERP systems helpful
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Will interact with various departments and personnel.
- Versatility to move into other roles within the Finance Department to gain broad-based professional experience.
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical w/prescription drug coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/company match and Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Service Recognition
- Tuition Reimbursement